- Hand out Bulletins
- Help worshippers get seated
- Bring the sacraments to the altar
- Guide people to the communion rail for the Eucharist
- Provide other assistance, as needed
Following the service, ushers
- Check all the pews for leftover bulletins and personal items
- Take down the flags
- Put away any food items that have been donated by parishoners
Ushers serve in teams. Assignments are made for the entire calendar year and changes are made as required.
Serving as an usher is a wonderful way to get to know parishoners and guests of St. John The Divine.